Date Posted—July 7, 2023
NYAIL is a state-wide, non-profit organization, working with Independent Living Centers across the State to eliminate physical, communications, attitudinal, and other barriers for people with disabilities. NYAIL members are Independent Living Centers (ILCs), consumer controlled, cross-disability providers of advocacy, services and supports to people with disabilities. NYAIL administers several statewide programs in collaboration with its member ILCs, managing a multimillion-dollar budget and 50+ subcontracts.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Bookkeeper will report to the Director of Finance and
will be responsible for assisting in all agency financial functions. Responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
• Primarily complete agency accounts payable and receivables including proper allocation to
• Assist with monthly reconciliations and accruals by collecting and submitting backup
documentation to the Director of Finance.
• Financial and programmatic record keeping.
• Review invoices and reimbursement forms for appropriate documentation to ensure timely
payments for vendors.
• Assist in preparing vouchers for payment, ensuring all documentation is complete with
• Act as a liaison with vendors and subcontractors.
• Follow agency procedures/processes for establishing new vendors; maintain vendor files.
ensuring all required information is complete and accurate (i.e., address, W-9).
• Assist with generating grant-related financial reports as needed.
• Assist in preparation for the annual agency audit.
• Provide excellent customer service while managing difficult situations.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitoring work to ensure quality and productivity
• Maintain confidentiality of all work-related information.
• Provide administrative support as needed.
• Other duties as specified by the Director of Finance.
• Workplace fiscal experience, preferably within a non-profit organization.
• Fluency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Experience working with databases/data systems.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with the concepts of IL, consumer control, and equal rights for
persons with disabilities preferred.
• Associates degree in accounting/finance, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Preference will be given to individuals with personal experience with a disability.
Salary and Benefits:
NYAIL offers a generous benefit package and competitive salary commensurate with
experience. The salary range for this position is $48,000-$52,000.
This is an Albany-based position with some remote work available.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to
your last name in the subject line.
It is the policy of the New York Association on Independent Living to afford Equal
Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) to all employees and applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, domestic
violence victim status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status,
veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by federal and state
law. NYAIL promotes a drug-free work environment and does not tolerate unlawful
discrimination, harassment or retaliation.