August 29, 2023
New York Connects Program
LOCATION Buffalo, N.Y. DIRECT SUPERVISOR NY
Connects Region 1 Coordinator
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Provides excellent phone skills, ability to communicate effectively and manage a large volume of calls. Gather all required documents for the purposes of reporting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Link incoming calls to appropriate staff.
2. Receive and document all incoming calls for the NY Connects Region 1 Coordinator when they are out of the office.
3. Create a request for/letter to mail for the follow up on needed documents.
4. Support the NY Connects Region 1 Coordinator in receiving and managing all necessary documents needed from various agencies for the purposes of reporting to New York State Office of the Aging (NYSOFA).
5. Maintain a tracking sheet of all incoming documents from external; resources via mail, fax, scans and file within two (2) working days of receipt.
6. Communicate with NY Connects Region 1 Coordinator if documentation is not received in a timely manner.
7. Collect all new resources from participating staff and agencies to update the NY Connects resource guide.
8. Track and document all outgoing consumer related documents.
9. Return all phone calls within 24 hours.
10. Complete a bulk mailing as required for surveys and dissemination of program information.
11. Attend Agency’s in-service training and staff meetings as well as any other agency related activities as required.
12. Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
13. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING • High school diploma or equivalent is required.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
• Minimum of one (1) year general office work experience is preferred but not required.
• The candidate will be required to take a computer skills and abilities assessment test. SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.